Last week I said to my husband, "If you ever see me making clothing for myself, just tell me to go to bed!". Sewing for myself seems to always end in disaster. And I've realized a few things about myself:
1. I don't have a good eye for visualizing what will look good on me.
2. I stink at measurements and mathematics.
3. I've had 4 pregnancies in 5 years. ('nuf said?)
4. My best sewing (and my worst sewing) is late at night.
I know, this is a random post, but I think it's a good thing to be real. So for real - I screw up a lot. Makes me want to box up all of my sewing stuff and store it, preferably somewhere out of sight. Or out of state, even. But alas, that is not possible, and it just keeps staring at me, teasing me, begging me to start over. So I do - but this time I turn that terrible creation into something great - for someone smaller than myself.
I will spare you the details of this weeks disasters (yes, plural). And thankfully, there are no pictures of them, either. I just can't bear for you to see my lumpy, bumpy, frumpy frocks. But as a reminder to me of God's grace, I did end up being able to bring salvation to a couple items. I have a friend who is much smaller than I am, so she ended up with this skirt:
Cute, huh? Don't mind the terrible photo - this skirt is red, white and blue - just in time for 4th of July (Independence Day for us here in the USA).
And another cute save - a little dress for Sunshine and one to match for her friend! (I don't feel TOO bad about 2 full dresses being made out of ONE of my skirts, the girls are less than 2 and 6 years old!)
I love the red white and blue skirt!!
ReplyDelete