Friday, July 22, 2011

Flowerpot People

I love craft blogs. Seriously, I could look at stuff other people make for hours. And Etsy - if it were a magazine I'd subscribe. That being said, I have subscribed to waaaaaay too many crafty blogs this year. I took a break from the craftiness for a weekend. Four days, actually. And what did I come back to? 362 blog posts unread (thank you, Google Reader, for counting them for me). After taking the past few days to go through all of those, I've found some really cool crafty projects to put on my "want to try" list and I thought this one would be great (not that this looks ANYTHING like the post I saw, I just "borrowed" the hairstyle/face style - 'cause I need lots of help with all things PAINT). So I went to Hobby Lobby (see my previous post for "why I don't go shopping"). I hope you all have heard of Hobby Lobby. I love it.

One of my bloggy friends had a post on how she made some bowls and people for her kids to play matching games with. I have no idea which blog it was, though, since I looked at so many blogs in the past few days. Bummer. But I know it's out there - this isn't my idea, but it was so great I just couldn't pass it up (especially since Sunshine hasn't learned her colors yet).

This little set of 8 "Flowerpot People" was a hit, not only for Sunshine, but for Spunky as well. He SHARED! He gave his sister HALF of the people. Thats 4, by the way - he's learning his math skills.

Sunshine figured out you can stack the flowerpots. That's a "YAY!" on her face (notice the clapping hands?!)
Hey, those pots not only stack, but they make good hats, too!

The flowerpots and people are both found in the unfinished wood section. No, they are NOT terra cotta.



One day with flowerpot people and now Sunshine says most of the colors - she doesn't know which is which yet, but I've heard her say green, pink, red, yellow, blue and black. She'll be saying purple and orange soon, too! And maybe this will help with the sibling rivalry, as I did tell Spunky that these were made specifically for Sunshine to learn her colors. He's even helping her by telling her what colors he's giving her. What a good big brother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment