Just in case anyone is interested in where I work, here's a short tour of my workshop. The tour is short because, well, it's a corner of my living room. Not much there. So - on with the tour!
My sewing machine is a Singer 99K (that black cast iron beauty) c.1953. It's my friend's grandmother's. The booklet that came with it says it is the first machine to have optional electric foot pedal!!! The serger is a Bernina. Both of these machines are being loaned to me. You can see a bit of the table I use - it's a pedestal table - the side flaps fold down. But mercy me, that Singer shakes the poor table like an earthquake! (MY LUNCH is the back is actually a box from JimmyJohns that says "Jimmy Lunch", and it is full of Fall & Christmas fabrics sent to me by my friend Brooke!)
Speaking of fabrics, here are some of my fabric "mini-bolts". I wrapped my fabrics around comic book backer boards and now I can actually see what I've got! The bigger things, like the sheets and shirts and stuff (shown on the left) are just folded.
And to finish off our tour (see, I told you it would be a short one!):
Then there are my UFO's (UnFinished Objects) - like this old lady head. She's going to be a kind of muppet-like doll with a humongous mouth that eats stuff (there was an old lady who swallowed a fly...). I'm hoping to get her done before Christmas so I can give her to my son's kindergarten teacher. And speaking of my son (not that it has anything to do with my workshop, but I thought I'd share):
Spunky lost his very first tooth! My baby is growing up :)
Have a great day, all - I'll be announcing the winner of the Silly Mama Quilts giveaway on Friday. If you missed the post, feel free to check it out here.
:) Caren
Love, love your old lady!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tour - you create such amazing creations!!
Did the tooth fairy visit??