![]() |
| Fleecie Dolls by Fiona Goble can be purchased at Amazon.com |
The dress on this doll is way too big - on purpose. I figure if my toddler is going to try to dress and undress her she might as well have a big dress on. So far she hasn't tried to get the dress off. I think that is because she's been too distracted with getting her socks on the doll (she's getting pretty good at that!).
I learned something from this book - did you know that if you cut fleece in skinny strips and pull it (in the direction it stretches) that it actually curls? Oh yes!
(And it's very much like real hair - it "uncurls" fairly quickly so some of it is curly, some of it is wavy, some is straight - just like my Sunshine's hair!)
One more thing - the fleece is stuffed just perfectly for Sprout to chew on while he's teething (sorry, I don't have any pictures of that). Hope this little doll doesn't mind!
You all have a wonderful day! :) Caren

What a wonderful doll...and FLEECE...I do like sewing with it. I am going to look for that book through our library system and maybe my older girls can try their hand at making her. I'm sure your darlings will love her and soon they'll be asking for more clothes for her too! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIt's really a great book - full of lots of fun projects. The only down side to working with fleece that I have found is that my hand gets tired of cutting it! Oh, and there is another book by the same author Fiona Goble that is something like Fleecie PETS, it's good too!
ReplyDelete