Sunday, March 25, 2012

Unproductive

Have you ever had a day that absolutely nothing got done?  This past few days has been like that for me.
I have absolutely nothing new to show you.  I have been so unproductive.  And I can't even tell you that there was a reason.  Excuses?  Yeah, I could probably share some of those.  But it wouldn't help.
Any of you live in the midwest?  I'm in Ohio, and we've been hit with our crazy 2 days of cold, 2 days of warm, 1 day of hot enough to fry an egg, and back to chilly outside.  Popsicles one day, hot cocoa the next!
I guess the big thaw got me outside more than usual.  And then I wonder: will I sew in the summer?  I can't leave the little ones outside without supervision.  And I definitely want them outside as much as possible.
They love being outside.  My fair-skinned (or "almost translucent" as my big sister would say) Sprout loves being outside - he goes to the door often, trying to figure out the magic of the doorknob.
And Sunshine?  She LOVES the sunshine.  More than watching television.  (For that I am grateful!)
And Spunky?  Well, lets just say he's just discovered the attraction of digging in dirt.  I know you are probably wondering how he could make it to 5 years old without knowing how fun dirt is, right?  I'm not sure.  Actually, he was never really big on being outside.  He'd rather "do art".  Or watch t.v.
So that's me in a nutshell.  Unproductive, but real.  Didn't even get any farther on my purple project.  I really need to finish that purple bag!  Yesterday actually used a plastic bag from the thrift store to carry my keys, wallet, notebook, phone, and tape measure.  (I was shopping for a table of a specific size).  Maybe next week it'll be different.  I certainly hope so.  There are so many creations just waiting to be brought to life, and I'm looking forward to sharing them with you!

:) Caren

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh, but the sweetness of your kids and playing outside - enjoy the days of sunshine and sewing on the blah, rainy days. It is such a short season before they grow on to other interests!

    ReplyDelete