Saturday, March 10, 2012

Purple In Process

After five weeks of Alien Landscaping, thought I'd switch gears and make a little something for myself.  I really crave color right now.  Bright, loud, pretty color.  So I'm making a little bag/purse thingie.  Any of you ever start a project without a pattern?  That's what I'm doing.
I got some strips of these beauties and stitched them together, cut them up and re-assembled them - a bit wonky.  It'll be the lining.  I love that the lining will be beautiful and chaotic.  Much like my life some times!
The outside is going to be much more placid, but with huge pops of color.  I LOVE the purples (or whatever fancy schmancy name the designer gave it) in the Terrain collection.  So I'm using some of that.  (Just figured out that this picture isn't great, but it gives you an idea, anyway).
That embroidered detail is the top of the outside pocket.  It is an interlaced backstitch - Spunky looked through my embroidery books and helped me pick out which stitch to use.  Yes, he's my little creative helper.
Here's what he made today on "Drawing with Spunky" (his make-believe tv show).  Yep, he's been side-tracked off aliens - now he's drawing monsters.  At least he's feeling better - that strep was awful!
I'll update you on my Purple project when it's finished.  From our home to yours, be blessed!

:) Caren

1 comment:

  1. love your project!! Can't wait to see it finished! So glad to hear the kids are on the mend....blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete