If you've known me long, you will understand that I absolutely adore my creative 5 year old, Spunky. He often has very long-winded explanations about his drawings - what each detail is, and what it is doing, complete with sound effects. He gets very involved in his stories.
He is a funny kid. Very quirky. Very unique. And yes, he does stick his tongue out when he is drawing. This is what I call his "thinking face".
He drew me this one in a very light yellow marker - with green grass as the only other color (I turned it b&w so you could see it). I was thinking about making this an embroidered piece, then I wondered if it wouldn't make a better 3D stuffed toy? I'd love your opinion on that.
We are beginning our Spring Break around these parts today. So there should be tons of creative things happening at our house. We haven't colored eggs yet, so I'm thinking that will be tomorrow's fun. Then I was thinking of decorating rocks with chalk. That might be fun, too. And the Columbus (Ohio) Zoo and Aquarium is AMAZING, so we'll probably end up there, too (especially since we've got a new Polar Bear exhibit). Maybe I'll take pictures. I've been seriously neglecting my camera lately....
...so today, I pulled it out to take an impromptu family photo (minus me, of course). It was horrifically cold and we were not prepared for the wind chill, so we had a very short playground experience (with an even shorter photo shoot - this being the only one where Sunshine is not crying because of the cold).
Happy Week-after-Easter (or Spring Break) (or both, as the case may be)!
:) Caren
Oh so much fun! Hope you enjoy the change in pace. Happy Easter to you too! Love the drawing, so talented!
ReplyDeleteCount me in for the 3-D Stuffed toy.
ReplyDelete