My 5 year old Spunky ripped up these nice jeans - you know, the kind that actually will fit for the next year (I bought them big) - so what's a mommy to do? I made my own patch! (I know, you're shocked, right?)
Lucky for me, he loves my "stuff". So I asked him what he wanted on his patch, and unsurprisingly, a robot was requested.
Isn't this the cutest little thing?!! I was going through Sprout's clothes - he has been looking like a stuffed sausage lately and I finally figured out that he needed to go up a size. He's 14 months old, and I just went through all of his clothes, put away all of the 18 mo stuff and got out the 24 mo clothes. It amazes me that his 2.5 yr old sister and he are now wearing the same size. But I digress...
The point of all that was to say that the little robot was on an 18 mo t-shirt, and it was so cute I decided to use it for the patch. Then there was another little hole in the jeans, and I just made a "kind of round patch" (again, Spunky's request).
The robot was reverse-appliqued onto some recycled jeans, then to make it a bit more "worn" looking I sewed the whole thing on top of yet another piece of denim (this time I used the wrong side of the denim for accent).
I stitched the zig-zag part on my machine, but then when it came time to put the patch on the pants I ended up hand-sewing it on. See the little green stitches? Yep, silly thing wouldn't fit in my machine. Go figure.
He likes how I patched them up. Great! So do I. An hour or so and I was done - just in time to eat homemade "frozen Kool-Aid on a plastic fork" (aka - popsicles)!
Have a great week!
:) Caren
so love, love the cute patch!!! The pictures of the kids are so adorable! Enjoy the day!
ReplyDelete