I ended up cutting up some fleece blocks to make the middle (can you believe I had navy AND bright orange to match the minky?!!!).
My goodness, that minky fuzz gets everywhere! Can I get a witness?!!
I really wanted to use it for a couch throw - I absolutely LOVE the feel of minky fabric!!! Unfortunately, it's too small (more like crib-sized), and since it's more suited to boys I'll let Spunky and Sprout fight over this one!
The other side was made from an old cotton sheet. Honestly, I'm not sure that I like it, because cotton isn't as immediately warm as minky, but I don't think the kiddos will notice.
This was a really quick job, I have bunches of stuff on my "to do" list, so no applique on this one (yet - ha!). I've never made a blanket before, but for $2, it was worth the experiment!
:) Caren
No comments:
Post a Comment