(honestly - I have GOT to find a better name for these things!)
Hallelujah! My chair name-tag thingies are finished! (Remember this post?) They are basically like pillowcases that go over the back of my sisters dining chairs. I finally finished all 12 of them. Mom, Dad, seven children, and three guests are all going to have their own unique chairs!
My brother-in-law ("DAD") is not as conservative as my husband, but still, I'm hoping he doesn't look at these and get dizzy. Or shield his eyes and run away. That's some crazy fabric, huh?
Rosalie, on the other hand, will really like them. I'm hoping they all will. I mean, that's 6 months of work so - yeah, I'd like them to be appreciated. But then again, they're kids (*sigh*).
I didn't want to put individual pictures of all of them, that would make this post really long, and honestly, I didn't think anyone (other than myself) would want to see each of them. So here's my collage. Fun, huh?
All of my letters are hand-cut and appliquéd in some fashion. I stitched around the edges of all of the letters as well as all of the shapes, including the critters so that nothing would come off without some effort. And they're all made with some amount of reverse-applique. And vinyl. And love - lots of it!
So now they're in the mail. I'm praying that they are big enough (I never got an exact measurement on the chair backs). If they're not big enough, I'm practicing my speech to my sister: "Look on the bright side - you can always stuff them, then everyone will have their own little pillow!" (Who knows - maybe God will stretch them in transit?!!)
:) Caren

sooooooo cute!!! Love 'em!!!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, I loved them from the start. My children went absolutely bonkers over them!!! They are now extremely possessive of THEIR chairs. Just last night I swept the floor and someone put the chairs back in the wrong spots at the table. Aaron (2 years old) sat in SOMEONE's chair - and SOMEONE got absolutely enraged! How dare he sit in her chair?! After some calming down and chair swapping I had to remind SOMEONE that Aaron is 2 and doesn't read - SOMEONE's chair was in his traditional spot. Living with children who think differently is a challenge in such simple little ways. But needless to say we got everything set back the way it was supposed to be and everyone is again enjoying THEIR chairs.
ReplyDeleteOH - and Evelyn (6 years old) needed to stand on a chair to reach a high shelf. Instead of picking the chair that was closest, she insisted on getting HER chair (even though we had to rearrange the whole dining room to get that chair around the table).