Sunday, January 29, 2012

Quiet Book UFO (Part 2)

In Part 1 of my Quiet Book posts I mentioned that most of my pages were someone else's idea.  Most of the gumball machine pages I've found teach colors, but since I already have a colors page (see Ice Cream page, below), this gumball machine teaches patterns!  Stripes, swirls, checks, plaids, polka dots, and spots, oh my!
The Very Hungry Caterpillar counting pages (I want to add more "texture" to these pages, though they are quite busy...).  I love that I can use up some scraps that were gifted to me.  Makes it more precious to me!
Ice Cream Scoops (teaches colors)
Like I said, the pages are not finished.  This page is a maze, with a car and two "parks".  Sunshine is trying to get the car into the pocket, and the page is too flimsy at the moment for her to have much success.  Hopefully it will be much easier when the pages are finished.
Picking Veggies from the Garden
And here is the rocket in space page.  Spunky, my sweet creative 5 year old asked if I could make the moon into a pocket.  (Great idea, Spunky, but you'll notice that the moon is smaller than the rocket.)  He asked if we could make a comet, but since I didn't know what a comet should look like, he drew me one:




He picked out the fabrics and the trims, too.  Creative little thing, isn't he?  I love working with my Spunky!
So now the rocket has a comet to explore!

Which leads me to an observation.  I am not sure about anyone else's experience with Quiet Books, but Spunky was NOISY when playing with this page.  Anyone else out there have that kind of a kid?  He is a chatterbox!  I love him to pieces, noisy or not, but the irony was not lost on me.  Come to think of it, Sunshine had all of her 2 year old self in the middle of the floor saying "BUCKLE UP!" in her loudest voice.  Makes me want to re-think the "Quiet Book" title....
Can you imagine THAT at the doctors office, church, or (yikes!) at a funeral?!!!


Blessings to you!

:) Caren







2 comments:

  1. love, love how these pages are turning out!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your quiet book is looking amazing! Love that your little one had input into the design too - the comet is great!

    ReplyDelete