"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things". (Philippians 4:8)
This verse gives great insight on keeping positive, and how to stay that way. I could grumble and complain, but I'm not going to. And since you are reading this, I'm going to let you see a bit of my thinking about "such things". In pictures!
First off, this past year I was thinking about a "label". I kind of like this one. It's my own design and a professional could probably do better. But for now, it will work!
Then there are the many embroidery designs I've done. Like this one. I kind of like it, too. Here's how my first attempt turned out:Not the greatest (I was trying to figure out which way I liked to wrap the letters). But it's a fun start, right?
And then there's fabric. Does fabric make you happy, too? Well, these gems are from my quilting friend Brooke, and I made this piece of loveliness with some of them:
(And my Sunshine looks so adorable in it. I love this fabric - thank you so much, Brooke!!!)
Here's a UFO from my pile: a quiet book. These are the pieces for my OHIO TIC TAC TOE and PLANT THE VEGGIES pages. The tic tac toe pieces are buckeyes and ladybugs (state tree & insect) and velcro on/off. The Veggies are carrots, potatoes, and beets and are inside pockets. If any of you have made quiet books before, you know how much time they take. I really do want to show you the finished pages, but that will have to wait for a bit. And still keeping on the "such things" theme, here's some more:
A sweet "Mermaiden" I made (from Hilary Lang's book Wee Wonderfuls).
And a couple of pincushions. The one on the left is a porcupine (I made his nose a little too platypus-ish, but he's still cute.)
| Alien Blobbies (another cadamsCREATIONS original) |
And the "E" bag I made for my sister. I was so impressed with how well this bag turned out. It was one of my first bags!
OK, I know this blog is about my crafty stuff, but here's a little randomness about me:
I love big fat fluffy squirrels. (These were in my back yard.)
And last (but not least) for the day: I love my Sprout, who just recently turned one year old. He's grown so much! I remember when I found out I was pregnant he was about the size of a blueberry, so we called him "baby blueberry". Then he was born and had to be in NICU for a little bit, and when I took him home he shrunk. And kept shrinking. On his 23rd day (after losing almost 2lbs) he was hospitalized.
Oh yes. Look at those eyes! He's beautiful. Anyway, he's better now, and growing like a weed (hence the name Sprout). He started standing on his own on Christmas day, and just took his first step (toward me!) today.
This was at his birthday party - after he devoured his cake (though I'm not sure how much of it actually got IN his mouth!)
Oh, writing this post was good for my heart. I am so amazed at the things that my hands have made in the past year (that's about how long I've been sewing) and grateful for the friends I have (new, old, creative, and not-so-much). And just thinking about the growth and development of my youngest child (and my other two as well, but that's for another day....) makes me smile.
Hope your life is full of "such things" to think about. I encourage you: keep those good things in your remembrance. It will do your heart good!
Blessings,
:) Caren



Yes, fabric makes me happy too! Love to see your sweet lil sprout! I've got 3 little sprouts, ages 8-14, so sad that those baby days are gone :(
ReplyDeletecute, cute projects!! So glad my fabric found a new home!! Lovely!!
ReplyDelete