Meet Miss Badger. This little friend was made from a thrift store wool sweater that I washed in hot water to "felt" it. I could not share this project with you all before now because she was a Christmas gift for my sister in law, whose maiden name is Badger (she was a teacher, hence "Miss Badger").
Miss Badger and Foxy were great friends. (I introduced Foxy in this post). They were both made using patterns from the book Countryside Softies, which I highly recommend to anyone interested in using felted wool for soft toys.
Look at this tail! I love the button joint!
I love all the little stitching details. The body was machine stitched, but everything else was done by hand. I was going to add a little bow, but I kinda like her just as she is!
Now that Christmas is over, I am looking forward to the new year. I look back at this year and am so surprised by all of the creations that have emerged from my hands. To you, dear readers, I offer my wishes for a wonderfully creative, and peace-filled 2012.
Blessings,
:) Caren
I have so enjoyed our journey together! Who would have thought a chance comment on a blog could lead to such a connection!! Your creations are amazing!! Blessings to you and your family as we embark on 2012!!
ReplyDelete