![]() |
| Countryside Softies |
Something so unique about using wool.
I like the placement of all the buttons.
And I love all of the bits of hand-sewn goodness!
The one thing I did change from the original design is the nose. The instructions called for wrinkles (lines of hand-stitching along the snout). I chose to omit them and add these quirky floss "whiskers" instead.
I like 'em!
Now that I have gone through the process, I feel a surge of little wool creatures coming soon!
I already have patterns drafted for a raccoon, a puffin, an aardvark, and a three-toed sloth - these poor creatures are rarely in the limelight - I think it's about time for them to be seen! Will they be made in time for Christmas? Who knows. But I love that making one little thing from someone else's design teaches me new things I can incorporate into my own!

adorable!! Can't wait to see your other creatures!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, that is SO cute! I love it!
ReplyDeleteWow, he is so cute! I've never worked with wool but this makes me want to try! Wonderful work!
ReplyDeleteOh! Please please please post those new patterns you have come up with after you make the creatures. You have some great ideas, and yes, those poor little guys are rarely in the spotlight! You can make them shine!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up @ This Week!
I love his little nose -so cute. I'll be on the look out for jumpers now - getting just the right colour can make all the difference.
ReplyDeletethat's some SERIOUS cuteness going on!
ReplyDeleteHe is gorgeous!!! :)
ReplyDeleteFoxy goodness!
ReplyDeletewell done you!, i think the fox is one of the trickier patterns in the book to get right and this one is perfect!
ReplyDelete