![]() |
| (source) |
My husband and I have been talking about traditions lately, because we would like to start some with our children. We follow Jesus Christ and want to give our children the understanding of why we celebrate Christmas, but aside from the spiritual, there are things that are just plain fun to do during this season! That is why I asked you about your traditions (that and the fact that different cultures are very interesting to me!). So here's what I found out from you, my dear readers, in those comments.
![]() |
| (source) |
Giving and receiving presents, putting Santa's footprints in talc on Christmas morning, attending church or temple services, advent calendars, watching "It's a Wonderful Life", putting up a nativity (or seeing a live one), putting up a tree (better yet, cutting your own tree and/or greenery), decorating, hanging lights (or driving through neighborhoods to see theirs), caroling, and drinking hot chocolate.
![]() |
| St. Nicholas shoe |
Wow. That's a LOT of traditions right there!
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!! I've saved some of my favorite comments for last!
![]() |
| Did you know that in Austria, they do not have Santa, but they have "Christkind"? |
![]() |
| Sunrise - Christchurch, New Zealand |
![]() |
| (source) |
Here are a few unique traditions from the U.S. that you may want to adopt, like:
- Have Thanksgiving dinner, complete with spaghetti for the vegetarians (or baked tilapia (fish) for the "health-conscious")
- Go out to a restaurant for Christmas breakfast and "leave an obscenely large tip".
- And last, but not least, is the tradition that I am going to start with my family today:
Making garlands for the Christmas tree from Fruit Loops!
(You knew I'd be adding in some home-made creative stuff here, right?)
So from my family to yours, Merry Christmas. May the light of God shine on you, no matter what holidays or traditions you hold to!
:) Caren
p.s. - Stay tuned to cadamsCREATIONS - the winner of the giveaway will be announced later today!









In Peter's pre-k class they made 'candy necklaces' out of fruit loops. I think it would be neat to do a fancy candy necklace with fruit loops, multi-grain cheerios, honey buzzers, and anything else you could think of to make it interesting!
ReplyDelete