Thursday, December 15, 2011

I am a Design Artist

[If you are looking for my giveaway post, click here]
I was contacted a couple of months ago by Pellon (yes, Pellon - the makers of the fabric stabilizers like Wonder Under!).  They asked if I was interested in becoming a design artist for them.  [Are you kidding me?!!!]  I was going to try to describe for you how excited I was about this, but there are no words.  Suffice it to say that I was doing a happy dance (for days!).

I did not consider myself "a designer", per se, but why not?  HELLO: my blog name is cadamsCREATIONS, is it not?  I guess I had never thought of it that way.  So now I am happy to introduce myself to one and all - yes, folks, I am a design artist!

So without further ado, let me tell you about the project I've just submitted to Pellon.  It is my very first, but there's more to come!  This project is a fun one.  It's all about making your kids artwork into an embroidered wall hanging.
My tutorial walks you through the entire process, step by step, with photos to help you along.  It looks complicated, but really it is not.  Your finished piece will use simple (yes, SIMPLE - I see some of you rolling your eyes) embroidery, reverse applique, a bit of machine sewing, and some bead work.  Did you know Pellon has a website with free tutorials?  It's at www.pellonprojects.com, and I'd love it if you were to check out my full tutorial on the Pellon website (click here).

If you do make a wall hanging of your kiddos artwork, please do let me know.  I'd love to see it!  I promise to oooh and aaaahhhh over it as if it were my own (though I'm not sure I could like anything more than I adore these little "space aliens" - they capture my Spunky's creativity AND his sense of humor - but I guess I am a teensy weensy bit biased!).


Have a fantastically creative day!

:) Caren


P.S.- I'm working on project #2 for Pellon, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How wonderful for you! I am doing the happy dance FOR you! Love the project, too! Too bad my "little one" is 23 now! I'm tempted to go back to some of her art I saved and try my hand at this! tee hee!
    Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and well done. What a fantastic idea ..... might have to drag out some of the kids old artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped by to say thank you for entering the giveaway of the silk satin flower on my blog! And congratulations on being contacted by Pellon- that is a HUGE deal!!! :)

    ReplyDelete