Here's a little peek at my embroidery project for the week.
My sister got me the Pindsvin (Danish for "hedgehog") embroidery pattern from Nicole at Follow the White Bunny. I don't usually go by patterns others have made, but this one pushed me out of my "outlines only" comfort zone. I was stretched to do some fill work for the spoon as well as the hedgie fur/spines.
I have to admit, it turned out pretty sweet.
(Did anyone else notice that my circle is a bit wonky? Hopefully not too terrible for my very first attempt.) Anyway, thanks, Nicole, for such a fun little pattern. And thanks E, for such a fun little pattern!
Blessings, one and all!
:) Caren
Wow you did a beautiful job! The texture on the hedgehog is phenomenal.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! I love the teacup.
ReplyDeleteok, so this hedgie is WAY better than I thought it was going to be (no offense). Also... how about some of the Carenesque curly q's around the border... OR a scripture verse that you believe is appropriate? I think THAT would be OUTSTANDING! But, of course, that's just me.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the little loop in the circle? It's so neat!! How did you do that??! I love the hedgie! You are a wonder with those hedgies!
ReplyDeleteOh, I just thought of a joke I had to share....
ReplyDeleteWhat's up with hedgehogs? Why are they so selfish? Why can't they just share the hedge?