| "Can we be friends?" |
I thought I'd share some of the things I have learned while doing this particular pattern.
| Yep, I always spell gusset wrong. Every time. |
Another thing - if you want to sew with excellence, your finished product should start with excellent materials. My prototypes are junk. There, I said it. I know, they might be cute, and my kids certainly don't mind, but if you're stuffing a toy and you use cheap fabric, it will eventually (or immediately) show. Do not use that thrift store thread for your toy, either. I am all for using what you have, but cotton thread for the seams of a stuffed toy is a mistake (especially if it is a gazillion years old). Polyester holds up much better. So - if you want a toy to last, use the good stuff!!!
I'm the kind of person that likes to figure stuff out as I go. I am intrigued with the details of construction. Not of buildings and bridges, but of creatures from my imagination. I love starting with an idea, figuring out how to construct it, selecting materials, and finally bringing it to life!
The last thing I will share with you is: no matter what you call it (and I'm not sure what type of animal this one is, I just started out with "sea monster" in mind), its owner has the rights to rename it. This little guy was originally named Hank (for lack of a better name). But as soon as Spunky saw him, he called him "ROBO-FRILLS!!!". He loves the button jointed arm-thingies; apparently they make him "more like a robot!!!"
Have a wonderful weekend, friends.
:) Caren
I LOVE the sea horse!!!! His white fin is georgeous! I'm dying to see the whole collection! Kep up the good work. Hope artistic excellence is in the genes.
ReplyDeleteSo adorable! Love hearing about the process.....great photos too!
ReplyDelete