There was an old lady who swallowed a fly...
I finally finished the old lady! This is a big mouthed puppet-y doll that I have been making for my son's kindergarten teacher. Apparently she swallows more than a fly (the old lady, not the teacher!). The teacher lets the old lady swallow all kinds of things - as a teaching tool!
If you saw my giveaway winner announcement (this post), you know that the old lady was a guest judge for picking the winner. Well, she has since put on clothes!
I had thought about giving her horn-rimmed glasses, but that didn't quite work out - she looked too much like Woody Hayes (former Ohio State coach), so I scratched the idea. Her guts are made out of the canister for a sugar/flour bag. It worked out quite nicely.
I wanted to make it so the mouth would open but the head wouldn't come off (hate to cause future psychiatric bills for those kiddos), so I used suspender clips for the hinges. Worked like a charm!
Spunky really likes her. And the teacher was so excited she is planning to use her in her lesson today!
Wonder what kind of things she'll be eating today?
Cheerio! :) Caren
No comments:
Post a Comment