Saturday, August 18, 2012

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

I've been so crazy busy with my little ones this summer.  Anyone else out there like me?  Well, I haven't been able to do much sewing, but I did get to subliminally pass my love of sewing on to my toddlers this week with button games.
We put buttons in our toes.  It was great fun, so we continued it to our hands.
Then Sprout woke up from his nap, and he was so excited about the buttons that he climbed onto the table to get at them!  (For safety I use a bucket of super big plastic buttons for these play times - Sprout puts them in his mouth).
It was a great opportunity to teach things like colors, shapes, sharing, and asking for help.
 Calisthenics: reach, stretch, climb!
 Sunshine pretended the buttons were flowers, so we were "sniffing" them.
Can Sprout look any happier?  I tell ya, these little ones are so easy to please (sometimes).  
And I thank God who gives me days of peace like this one, when my kids have fun playing together.  Often they are at odds and its so nice to have a break in the storm.  
Now that the summer is coming to an end I may just have time to get some sewing done!  In the next week or two, my Spunky is going off to 1st grade and Sprout is going to early intervention school (to help him develop his speech/language skills).  And I'll have this little Sunshine all to myself for a couple of hours!

So what are your plans for this fall?  Got any fun projects going?

Cheers!
:) Caren






1 comment:

  1. oh I hope to have a whole bunch of fun stuff going...soon!!

    ReplyDelete