Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Kitty Peanut

In my last post I introduced you to Nana Peanut.  Well, here's her friend Kitty.

My philosophy in making toys is simple - I make what makes me happy, and pray that God uses it to make someone else happy, too.  That way I am, in effect, "creating smiles".

I do have design priorities, though.  Here is my short list:
#1. It's look must drive me to immediately say "oh, that is SO cute - I want one!"
#2. It must be so soft that I immediately say "oh, that is SO smooshable - I want one!"

How's that for priorities?




She is shaped somewhat like a Russian stacking doll (matryoshka), just like Nana.  And her pocket is just right for tiny friends, too!  (More about her tiny friends in a later post.)
I added my label inside her pocket.  Did I share my label with you yet?  I designed it from one of my sketches - it's ironed and sewed on - no rough edges!  (Some day I'll figure out how to customize my blog, and I'll incorporate this into my header.  But thinking about HTML gives me a headache.  I'd rather be sewing :)
And what kitty would be complete without a tail?  I have a couple more kitties in the works, and I'm thinking of adding an embroidered mouse to her pocket.  What do you think?

Sunshine & Nana Peanut 
I'll leave you with a funny (true) story to lighten your day:
My 2-yr-old Sunshine, upon seeing Kitty Peanut for the first time, exuberantly announced:

              "I love my Kitty!"

             "I love her panties!"


From my home to yours - have a very blessed week!
:) Caren

1 comment:

  1. love,love 'em!!! Love the label idea too! Wow! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete