What do you mean it's not Monster Appreciation Day? OK, OK: I confess, I made that one up. But if there were such a thing as Monster Appreciation Day (M.A.D. - tee hee!), I think this little guy would make it a happy one!
I still have a bit of tweaking to do on the pattern, but I am really beginning to like him! The main fabrics are from a line called "Power Pop" (thank you, Julie, for selling such great fabric!), and the stripey fabric was cut from an old stretchy t-shirt! I decided to go with flappy arms instead of the button joints on this one.
I typically reserve my button joints for stuffed creatures that are not going to kids, like the Patchwork Horse. On this one I am going to wait and see how Robo-Frills holds up to rough handling by my Spunky (who is ALL BOY - definitely NOT gentle with his toys), then I'll feel more comfortable with doing button joints on more toys.
Have a super happy Monster Appreciation Day, everyone! If you'll excuse me, I have to go and appreciate the little monsters in my life!
:) Caren
so, so stinkin' cute!!!
ReplyDelete