Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Magnetic Playsets for Little Girls

I saw a post about magnetic playsets for boys [check it out at chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com] with a superhero theme. I do have a boy (two, in fact), but I know a couple of little girls who could use some cheer, so I made these:
"Amy's Animal Adventures"
See, the magnets are stored in a neat little tin (15 cents at the thrift store!) and the "landscapes" are taped to the bottom of the tin and the underside of the lid. Then all the little magnets stick to the landscapes - so cool!
And for Myah, I printed out the original paper dolls out of the McCalls magazines from the 1950's. I found them on the internet. The graphics were not the greatest quality, but I like that they look vintage. Hopefully Myah will, too.
I printed out the animals and the dolls on Avery magnet sheets. The clothes actually stick on to the doll magnets so there are no tabs. Love it!
Too bad my daughter eats everything - I made a set for Spunky (space/aliens theme) but I know they'll end up in Sunshine's mouth. Bummer. Hopefully she'll grow out of the chewing phase soon and then maybe I'll make HER a set, too. :)

2 comments:

  1. these are great
    Have made our own magnets before but not with the storage tin with landscape these are great (and so much better than the $30-40 ones seen in stores). What a good idea and would be fun for quiet times or in the car etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask where you bought the Avery brand magnetic sheets from?
    hillme71@gmail.com or

    my blog is The Hills are Alive which is at http://blogofmichele.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete