So when I decided to open shop I transformed my office into a studio, and now I can leave stuff out without worrying about toddlers getting into my pins, scissors, and sharpies! Though honestly, I did have to put child-proof locks on because my littlest one just figured out how to open the door and was, in fact, walking around with pins, scissors, and a very big, very red sharpie. True story - I had to take one of my big kitties off my shop because she got Sharpied. (Spell-checker says that's not a word, but anyone with toddlers knows IT IS SO!!!)
![]() |
| my online shop |
My husband bought me a gorgeous cutting table off craigslist about a year ago - it has something like 19s.f. of surface area. It is totally dreamy! He moved it upstairs last weekend and I wanted to celebrate by taking pictures! So here, friends, is my new studio!
OK, so this is just one corner. But in the other corners are a big corner computer desk, the door to the hallway, and the closet door - not much of interest. Then there is the wall with my sewing machine and fabrics, but unfortunately my camera is being flaky and deleted that picture for me. How sweet.
Here's my little corner up close. I have some of my favorite photos, some embroidery that is in-process, my itty bitty picture frames, a big huge glass canister for buttons, and a little duck figurine that is actually a pencil sharpener! Oh, and since the filing cabinet is metal, I can add magnets to hold up some of my favorite sketchbook pages. It's in process, but I like it - I like the organization - I know where things are, it's not a big jumbled mess. Yay!
That's all for now. Hope your week goes swimmingly!
:) Caren



awesome, awesome!!! Hooray for you!!!
ReplyDelete