We were discussing aliens a couple nights ago and he had "a great idea!", so he drew me an alien. It was so stinkin' cute! He described every part of it, from the shape, to the eyes, "then there's a mouth, and another mouth, and stripes like a zebra, and this one squiggly stripe goes all the way up to his second mouth!!!". And yes, I do know that he was stalling because he didn't want to go to bed, but those are the moments I cherish...
So, yeah, I've had aliens on the brain. Here's how I created 3D aliens from the pictures: two scraps of quilting cotton (Spunky picked the fabrics), and an old t-shirt.
I am no good at free-hand copying, so I used an iron-on embroidery pen and some freezer paper to make a transfer, and after I transferred it, I copied over the lines with my fabric pen. It was my first time using this method and it worked beautifully!
Sprout saw me taking pictures of the aliens and made a bee-line over to investigate.
He started TALKING (ok, babbling, but who's to say the aliens can't understand? Never know, maybe he was speaking their language?!!).
He was so excited he even gave me the nose-crinkle that I adore!
Spunky got home from school and was thrilled. Now if I could only figure out how to make antennae that are kid-friendly, I'd be a super-hero momma!
:) Caren
so, so adorable!! Can't wait to see the finished creation!
ReplyDelete