I've got a hiccup in my small business adventure. It comes in the form of "government bureaucracy". Otherwise known as red tape.
I just found out that I need a specific type of label on my toys. How did I not know this before? I have no idea. Can I blame it on mommy-brain? Well apparently the municipal division that takes care of this labeling thing also requires full-blown lab testing on my products. Yikes. That's major.
So I'm calling this a forced vacation for my shop. But thank God, it is only temporary - until the lab results are in an my permits are all signed, sealed, and delivered. A hiccup in the adventure. No big deal, right?
Fortunately, there is no red tape required to maintain my blog! And since no blog post is complete without some eye candy from my studio, here's what I have been working on (creatively speaking):
A whimsical reindeer (yes, this is a full-sized chair - reindeer is REALLY long, about 26 inches!)
And some elves!
I think I have Christmas on the brain!
(This little darling is still waiting for a face, poor thing).
And another elf:
(I mean the faceless doll, not my Spunky!)
This is her hair. Gorgeous. I am kind of smitten with this one, her muslin skin was dyed with RIT "chocolate brown" dye by yours truly (first time for everything, right?!) right here in my washing machine! Praise God the dye didn't stain my washer. (My husband agrees. Most enthusiastically :)
And just in time for Halloween - a bat! Keep an eye out, a tutorial for this cheerful bat is coming soon!
So, dear readers, I thank you very much for sticking with me as my shop goes on vacation. It's good to be "surrounded" by friends (even those you have never met in person). Prayers for my family during this adventurous time are always appreciated, hiccups or no hiccups.
Blessings,
:) Caren
UPDATE: I decided to close my shop. Thanks for your support.
.jpg)
Love, love your positive attitude!! The bat is adorable!!
ReplyDeletePrayers for you and your family. You'll get through for the better! I am searching for some friendly bats for the kids this Halloween, yours is so very cute!! Looking forward to a tutorial.
ReplyDeleteHugs and prayers ~Abbie
Awesome!!! Everything look great.
ReplyDeleteKids Games
Congrats Girl, you are the winner from To Love handmade and I am the one to mail you your prize, I remember you from this adorable Bat,.. please pass around the word about the Blogaversary starting Monday, Your invited !!
ReplyDelete