Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meet Dazzle! (my new elephant)


Have you ever made something from scratch and it ended up WAY better than you thought it would?
That's what happened with this elephant. I got the pattern drafted, pieces cut out, and started sewing.

It turned out much better than I thought it would!

I like the ears.







And that cute little tail!

The fabric was one of a bunch that I got in the mail last week. It's a fabric line called "Dazzle" (hence the elephant's name) by Melissa Averinos for Andover. So beautiful.
In fact, I was so excited about the fabric that I forgot to wash it. That creates a bit of a problem in the stitching quality of the final product (I had to do more hand-stitching than I usually do to cover some of the issues), but Dazzle is definitely one I plan to make more of.

So squeezable!

I have linked up this post to the Sundae Scoop Link Party from http://www.iheartnaptime.net/ . I, being not so technically savvy, have not figured out how to a link, but please, there are some REALLY cool crafty sites in the link party so go check 'em out!!!

1 comment: